View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
Originally Posted by Neebee2
Hi, I am a newbe and looking for a load of help...what are all the FMQ and whatever mean? I have a Estane tht is about 5 years old and hardly used. Will someone take me on?
FMQ (free motion quilting) and there are quilt acranyms posted a few times on the site, but I know they are on page 83. There are also LOTS of links and information shared and posted in this newbie's site. All our latest newcomers, please read back many pages 25 at least, to notice all the information shared.

Then when our newbie's or experienced 30 yr sewers needing help with a specific technique. PLEASE, post exactly what your question is. Some have connected with something in common, and "adopted" someone. But we have so many needing help, not near enough people to adopt, so it's great to post openly, and someone will find the answer and post back... but this way, everyone get's to learn from each other's questions. And sometimes more than one option is shared. I have learned 4 ways to do a log cabin quilt, I believe there are at least 3 ways to applique. Several ways to baste a quilt. Several ways to actually "quilt" your final stage of making your quilt. I know I'm still learning myself, but hope I can help someone really new to quilting also. I think quilter's are among the friendliest people. Debbie
I have a list of Quilt Mentors and Newbies that I have been matching. If you would like one on one help please PM me, virtualbernie, I actually have 3 mentors waiting to help a newbie!

I agree with Debbie that there are lots of links and information but this particular posting was to be used to recruit mentors and newbies--not to impart valuable information that many others on the board could use or answer. If you post here, there are a limited amount of folks that see. If you create a new topic you get a gadrillion answers to choose from.