Thread: opinions please
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 04:46 PM
thimblebug6000

As I was reading this topic, the first thing that popped into my mind about others using your machine was the insurance, but I see you don't have that in mind at the moment. A local lady here, buys warm & natural bolts wholesale so she can offer this as her ""preferred batting" to quilt at a reduced rate over the stores. How will you promote your business? On your 4'x 8' tables, would it be possible to make a hinged section that you could bring up if you wanted to use something wider than 4 feet? I didn't see a design wall .... Will you be using this room for yourself as a quilt studio as well as a business machine quilting area? I'd love to have floor to ceiling sliding doors that act as design walls if I had the space. Congrats on your dreams & look forward to pictures as you share this journey with us.
Just for fun, I measured out a 5'x 6' space ....not very big for an "office" as a matter of fact, if I was in that little space, there is no way I would let anyone else into it. I think if you're going to have people coming in to review pattern designs, thread selections, batting choices, etc. that you should have at least an 8" square space JMHO