View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Oh! I almost had a stroke thinking you were going to get rid of the cabinet. Once you get the 301 cleaned, polished and running smooth, I don't think you will worry too much about getting a 66 or a 201. They are great machines, don't take me wrong, the 301 is just better suited to all areas of quilting.
Thanks for that recommendation. THATS the kinda info I've been looking for.

I've since found out by doing some research on the Singer site, and in Vintagesingers.com that THAT cabinet has a special release button or latch somewhere underneath. It was manufactured so that you could simply depress that button, and 'click' the 301 would detach from the special plate/cabinet. Voila! Away to class you go! I LOVE IT! It's made to sort of snap in and snap out! (supposedly.. anybody ever test this feature?). I'll need to find a case for it.

Anybody know of a case that will fit it well? I don't care for the old grass matt covered one. And as I understand it, all the 301 cases were that smelly grass matt stuff.

OBTW... will all the slant 'shank'? feet fit it? Like what was it.. the touch and sews feet?

OH the fun! (um, and I like the simplicity of the quilt in your avatar... !)