Old 01-20-2011, 03:27 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by kwendt
Here's what she really had: a 'flip up' was a pristine two tone 301-A with attachments, in it's grass mat case. NICE. I WANT IT.

Her 99k, she had in a plain 'farmer' table, previous owner had painted it dark brown. She scraped all the paint off... yuck.

The 'green' machine was a 185J or something like that, peeling, not a happy machine. Old white plastic case, now yellowed. YUCK.

She dug out the "15-91". She swore up and down that that was what it was. I looked at the black leatherette case and said... "Mom, I can tell by the case it's not a 15-91. Let's get her out and open it up. As I expected, I opened it up and pulled out a BEAUTIFUL black 221 FW! MINTY. NICE. I REALLY WANT IT.

The rest of the machines were garbage singers. She must have had about 10 of them! ....
Geeze, does your MIL collect old machines or what? She has all these machines and she doesn't even know what she has?

You had to be honest -- you did what was right to do -- but, it is too bad you didn't get that FW. If you do ever get any of these machines, post them so we can see what you got. How did you MIL come by all these machines? And, what were the 'garbage' Singers. Another machine that is really nice to own is the Rocketeer Singer -- the 500 series machines. Did she have that one?

Nancy