View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Beaver Dam Creek Quilter

LOL SandPat! I will be sure to post the pictures before I get sent to the Cabin down below.

Thanks for the welcome MrsJ! What in the world made you think to use fleece to back a quilt? That has never even crossed my mind to do that. You be sure and let us know what your sister thinks about it too!

I think I'm about to just jumped into my next quilt from hell (unintentionally of course). A friend called me up and asked me to make her 2 baby quilts for her to give as gifts. I've never used the Minkie fabric, but after talking to the lady at the fabric store this evening, I've got a feeling I'm going to wish I had never suggested it. (Oh dear!!) But she also suggested that I put the backing and the batting together, and then assemble 1 row at a time. Lay the 1st row down then when I attach the 2nd row pin it like crazy to the 1st row (right sides together) and sew it to the batting and backing a row at a time, rather than putting together the top in the usual way. (Here I go listening to other people again). In this case I think the flip and sew might work since the fabric tends to walk

Has anyone tried this with the minkie or have any suggestions before I dive into this one (while the Bible quilt lays on the work table beckoning me to do something else wrong to it)?