Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

I'm "almost" ready. I did load 2 treadles into the van; the little Franklin was no problem, but I'll carry bruises from the parlor treadle. My husband has never heard of taking things slow, and as we were going up the steps and I was saying, "Wait, wait; I don't have a good grip!" he hurried on, the treadle slipped, and I caught it with my neck. I have a nice sized lump there, but luckily it didn't fall on me and break my neck or anything!! Then in the van--I was trying to push it over to the side so I could load other stuff--and he gave a gigantic shove, right into my foot. I put my life at risk every time I move something with DH, even though we've been doing this for years!!

I never take an electric machine (even though I have many) because I simply don't like using them any more. I need to sew on some of mine this winter; we'll see if I change my mind. BTW, I do still have one FW, but it has never been cleaned up. It's coming, though!!
Geeze, I think all men are related! My DH has learned that when I say I am about to drop something - it is usually too late! We were trying to put up a horse shelter and I dropped my end -- it all came down on him! He now pays attention when I tell him I can't hold something! He was ok -- but, it scared the crap out of both of us!

Miz Johnny, I hope you are Ok! This is a perfect example of why I don't try and take treadles anywhere!

If I buy that Free tomorrow, I am already worried about getting her home in one piece!

Nancy