Thread: Juki Help
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 AM
NanaInVirginia

Originally Posted by Riversong
Does anyone own this machine??? I have sewed my little cheap machine to pieces and am wanting to up grade.I am saving for one,and I like the features on this one. Any in put??
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/juki-TL98QE.php
I own this machine and a Gracie Lite frame. I got the whole deal from kenssewingcenter.com. I really wanted a long arm, but the short arm and the Grace frame were within my budget.

I used the machine without the frame to piece and machine quilt a small quilt for a charity organization before I put it on the frame. It sews amazing well. It is fast, quiet and makes a 1'4" seam with almost no effort, which was a major deal for me because my clunker Brother makes it darn near impossible to sew an accurate 1/4" seam.

I have made 4 or 5 large throws and 2 queen sized quilts on my Juki on the frame and it still sews great. It sat for almost a year and when I went down to use it right before Christmas I just oiled it and started sewing. The only problem I ever have is breaking thread, but every time that happens and I figure out what went wrong it is ALWAYS operator error.

For the money I think you can't beat a Juki. I am really wanting to buy another to use for piece work. It is time consuming to remove it from the frame and then put it back because it is so large and heavy.

PS I got a great assortment of feet by ordering thru Kens. The walking foot is huge and heavy, which to me is an indicator of the quality of the foot.

Message me should you have any specific questions.