View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM
luv2learn

Hey Billie and others who may be interested. . . First a question, Will the same procedure and PRODUCTS work okay for cleaning the Singer 185K? Didn't know if any different care is needed because of the green paint?

Also, I bought a Singer class 15 with a potted motor today. . . it actually sews a nice stitch, but I want to learn more about it. It definitely needs some cleanup, and am anxious to clean it, but think I'll practice on the 185 first since it's missing some parts. I can learn on these two before I try anything with my fw.

I also saw a Rocketeer today and a 403. They were each in a cabinet and were very dirty.They both of them sounded rough, (begging for oil) but made a good stitch on fabric.

I like the photos of the ones I see cleaned up, but it was hard to get excited about them as they are, but probably worth the price. They were priced (negotioable) at $35.00 ea. with cabinet. What you guys think? I'm on my way to look at another "old black one in cabinet" (the lady's description).

Are there any "BUG REPELLENTS" for this problem once it begins? Oh.h.h.h.h.h.h.h. N..o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.

Brenda C

Everyone is so great. I, like so many of you have learned a ton, just can't get enough info fast enough!! And am headed for frustration if I don't stop bringing home machines before I can get something accomplished with them.