View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 PM
lynmccoy

Originally Posted by AliKat
Gads, so much that we do and don't really think about.

I use a wheeled wooden folding kitchen cart as my cutting table. I can clean off the shelves and fold it and put it in the garage when I have company.

I am using a Country Time lemonade container to hold specialty threads when winding bobbins or sewing.

Plastic make up bags from Walmart or such make great places to put my tools so I am ready to go for sew-ins.

Ikea has some fabulous things for storage and sorting. I use the Antonius systems for my projects and stash. I can see through the bins, which won't rust.

Am enjoying reading all this.

ali
I thought of something else that a friend of mine uses. She bought large flat screen tv for their living room and it didn't fit their entertainment unit. But insead of selling it she took it to her sewing room,and took out the wire racks that really weren't working very well and turned that unit into a fabric shelf.
It is a 6ft x 6ft unit so it held all of her stash. So check out that ,cause it looks good in her room and makes her looks so organized. Now she's looking for a smaller one for her books.