View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 02:40 PM
twinkie
Power Poster

If you were doing a Watercolor in 2" squares, the only way I would know to do a swap is to give a list of colors you want to do in your water color. Then the one wanting the material could say, "I need shades of red, yellow, blue and green in very small floral prints". Or, "I need shades of purple, orange pink and grey in blender, tonal or batiks". The party sending the material would then send perhaps 50 2" squares that would fit that description. I do know that all swaps have to be approved by administration. You might think about it and maybe you or someone else could organize a swap. To me, the most difficult part of a Watercolor is selecting the right colors. If you go to your LQS or a chain fabric store, you can find a fusible interfacing with a 2" grid on it. It makes Watercolors much easier to do. Good Luck

Originally Posted by custompolz
Very nice ... yes a good scrap buster ... but would still love a 2" block exchange - can't get the same fabrics here as I did in other parts of the country so an exchange would be alot of fun!