View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:07 PM
lynmccoy

Originally Posted by katmom54
I don't think it is sad that she had all that stuff...I like to shop for fabric...do I use all that I by? Not even close! But I truly enjoy the hunt and the time spent planning and coordinating is as satisfying as the actual sewing (which I hardly have time for right now) ...Maybe she got great pleasure out of buying the fabric and craft stuff and had dreams of some day making something with it all....
When I die, I hope that my family looks at the piles of stuff I leave behind and say "I remember when she got this - she really liked it at the time"....instead of feeling bad for me.
If she could afford it and enjoyed it then no, it wasn't a problem.
I had a uncle that looked at all of my fabric and quilting supplies and told me that I had a problem. He shut up real fast when I told him that my quilting sales fixed my house repairs,bought christmas gifts and birthdays, medical emergencies,home insurance, and had not cost one dime out of my disability check, but he's the kind of uncle who is the expert of everything.Does everyone have a relivative like that? If you don't ,you're lucky.