View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 PM
2 Doods

I usually have someone to make a quilt for or a time frame to get one done. This winter I started some "just because"....to keep busy. I have long afternoons all to myself out here in the woods.

I don't have a fancy design wall so they are pined behind the door and on the wall in my quilting room, in layers-guess it is time to figure out some borders and get them quilted....

The black one didn't show it's true colors. It is brighter red and has some gold. I am stuck on this one. I don't have anymore of the print fabric and it has enough black. I think I'll quilt it "as-is" and make it a wall hanging for Mom. She loved it when she first saw it.

Cooper's Quilt--The fish one is for great nephew due in March. Running low on the plain blues and wood grain. I think I can get a narrow border out of each one. I have a large piece of the fish fabric left over that looks to busy as a border so I think it will be the back. I have some darker wood grain that I am considering but not sure about adding another fabric in at this point.

No plans for the blue one. Maybe a TV throw? I don't like the top row because the blue border doesn't go up the sides like it does on the rest. I plan on taking it off and adding something different. Just have to figure out what.

I also have my "jars" from the monthly block exchange on my quilting frame. Love how it is turning out. I'll get pictures after I get it done. I haven't kept any of my quilts just for me so it is MINE.

Suggestions on any of these? I am open to ideas and I know you have great ones!

Claimed by Mom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165186[/ATTACH]

Cooper's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165187[/ATTACH]

Just because.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165188[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-165181.jpe   attachment-165182.jpe   attachment-165183.jpe