Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 PM
FQ Stash Queen

Originally Posted by kathy
well I'm not international but...... one place I frequent sends an email to say part of my order is on back order, do I want to wait and send it all together, send what's in now and pay seperate shipping on the back order, or just cancel any part or all of the order. If I do not reply, they hold it till it's all in but that's never been more than a few days. Another place shows on my invoice what's on back order, then I get a surprise in the mail and at the bank! when the rest comes in, it has been 3-4 wks and of course I forgot about it.
I can guess exactly who that is cuz just had it happen to me, only mine was a large order that I thought they canceled since they said several weeks, and my card declined it. Oh, happy days.

I don't think you should charge for back orders after a short time period just because of the aforementioned. I personally would rather have my backorder item charged and sent when it arrives. If it doesn't come in within x amount of time, issue a credit or store credit.