Old 01-21-2011, 11:43 PM
vintagemotif

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Monica,
From what I understand WD40 is only bad if you spray it where you should be oiling because it will eventually harden and gum up the machine. If you are just cleaning with it, that is fine.

The Blue Magic is suppose to not harm the decals, but since you posted this, when I get mine I am going to clean something like my little 99k first just to see what it does do. According to the guy I talked to at Auto Zone the Blue Magic did wonders to shine up his grandmother's treadle and according to http://www.grandmotherssewingmachine..._machines.html it works wonders on shinning up, cleaning up the treadles. I will have to try it and find out for my self!

Nancy
I spray into a glass container and then use a Q-tip for small spots. The larger areas, bobbin winder and back plate, I used a cotton ball. I then wipe clean numerous times and apply Singer sewing oil. I don't spray directly onto or in the machine.

Even if you clean your 99K and it works, that doesn't mean it will work on your next project. I think it depends on if the decals are protected. All of my Singers decals have been well protected. I had no problem using the GoJo or the TR3 on the Singer machines. It was my Two Spools that had the problems which I believe was due to the shellac or glaze being worn and damaged. Thanks for the link! I like her site.

So, did you get your Free machine?