View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 09:34 AM
reneebobby

1. What is your name and where are you from? Renee Cleveland Ohio

2. How, when, and where did you learn to quilt? 2008, self taught

3. Why do you quilt? (tradition, expression, for family, etc) just for the fun of it

4. Have you taught anyone else to quilt? no

5. Are there differences in quilting from when you first learned and now? If so, how do you feel about this transition? n/a

6. Are you part of any quilting groups/communities? just this one

7. Do you feel that quilting is a part of your heritage? If so why? no

8. What type of feeling do you get out of quilting? Why do you enjoy it? pure satisfaction knowing that i made that

9. What different type of quilts have you made? What was the most difficult, easiest? Do you have a favourite style? I have only made squares so far

10. Who do you make quilts for? the nieces

11. When quilting, what happens if you make a mistake? RIP it out

12. What is your favourite feature about a quilt? putting the blocks together

13. What makes a quilt different from other blankets to you? knowing i made that

14. Do you feel that contemporary quilting has lost some value? If so, why? Or do you feel it has gained value, and again, why? gained since more and more women and men young and old are quilting

15. Does the history of quilting mean anything to you? If so, what do you know about its history? sure does our families were more green than we are today but we are heading back for the most part of using old clothes to make something new.

16. Do you have anything you would like others to know about quilting? n/a

17. Do you quilt alone, or together in a group? Is quilting a social event or a chance for some alone time for you? Or both? at home alone

18. If quilting is in your family, do you feel you are carrying on a tradition? If so, why is this important to you? n/a

19. Do you have any memories of others quilting? Do you have memories of specific quilts in your past? If so, please feel free to share. n/a

20. Last but not least, do you have any stories or memories about quilting you would like to share? n/a