View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 PM
DogHouseMom

Since I'm new here, and the project I'm working on is going to take me eon's to finish, I thought I'd upload some of my old work to proove that I'm not just a weirdo lurker - I do quilt :)

I've only been quilting for 4 years, and my first two projects (two table runners) I decided to do free motion. Yeah ... pretty insane right?

The next project was a baby quilt for my best friends daughter (I also made a "grandma" quilt for my best friend), and again I decided to free motion. On this one, I thought "juvinile" free motion quilting would match the overall theme of the quilt (not to mention my ability!). So I roughly copied the circles, squares and stars that were in the various patterns on the quilt. On the border, I used all the colors of the quilt and just kinda sewed hither-and-yon with each color.

The last one is a Bargello that I recently finished. Again, free motion, and I designed the quilt design as well.

My FMQ is getting better, but no where near professional quality. I'm sticking with it though as I like to explore all the possibilities.

Sue

First attempt at FMQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165665[/ATTACH]

2nd Attempt at FMQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165666[/ATTACH]

Frist whole quilt - baby size
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165669[/ATTACH]

Baby quilt - border and corners random FMQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165670[/ATTACH]

Baby quilt - one of the blocks FMQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165671[/ATTACH]

Bargello
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165672[/ATTACH]

Bargello FMQ close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165673[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-165660.jpe   attachment-165661.jpe   attachment-165664.jpe   attachment-165665.jpe   attachment-165666.jpe  

attachment-165667.jpe   attachment-165668.jpe