View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 05:01 PM
mac

Originally Posted by LindaR
We have a woman in our guild (older) who is going to be in the same boat...when she moved from down below she had to wrap her dishes in the fabric so her husband wouldn't know how much she had...
I'll remember that for when I move. LOL

I know that someone will have to clean up our hobbies when we pass away, but that is just the way it has been forever. At least if you have something to show for it, your family has a choice of selling it or donating it. During his/her lifetime the money was theirs to use the way they wanted to. Our hobbies are what keep us sane during the living years.

I truly believe this. When my doctor weaned me off my depression medicine before I could change to a different kind, it took me 2 weeks. Just before that she weaned me off of my hormones. That took a month. So for 1 1/2 months I suffered from PMS symptoms and then depression. It took two weeks for the new depression medication to kick in all the way. If it hadn't been for my continuous quilting during this time, I don’t know that I could have kept myself from doing grievous harm to my husband. Of course, we both look at it differently: he feels that he deserved a medal for putting up with me and I felt I deserved a metal for not killing him. LOL :lol: