Old 01-22-2011, 05:25 PM
JaneK

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
JanetK, You have a pretty machine and great deal with all those attachments,etc for $40. The 15s are better at FM quilting than the 201s. I do hope you get your 201 fixed because they are excellent machines too.
I was really pleased with the estate sale 15-91. I cleaned it up a little, some washing of dust and some liquid gold and a good oiling. I got lucky! Not so lucky with my 210-2 tho. Ok I've had a lot of help from folks here with this Frankenmachine. I was told that there was a screw that holds the tension assembly into the machine arm, and lo and behold there is a hole without a screw in my arm that looks like if i had a screw, the tension would stay in, rather than catapulting out in it's entirety when I try to sew! Getting closer...now it seems this hole is not threaded, is it a screw or something else and if I were to try to order one, what is it called? My DH asked today why I was so determined to try to fix this machine...it has become a mission for me..I really want this gal to work! Thanks for all the help and encouragement!