View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 06:18 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by misoop
KLO, I think you're right. I don't have a 60 degree cutting template, but I do have the 60 degrees on my regular rulers. But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to use it!! Am I dumb or what? If I could figure it out, I could get on with this quilt, instead of waiting to order one. Any help or pictures to show me how to lay it correctly on the fabric. No, I just did one block to see if it would come out OK....glad I didn't cut it all using this Marti Mitchell tool....which apparently is not the correct one to use. :)
As cutebuns said, I do think there is a spot on her tutorial that shows how to line up the regular ruler. If I remember right, you put the 60 degree line that is indicated on your ruler along the bottom edge of you fabric strips and cut one side of the 60 degree triangle. Then line the other 60 degree line up again on the bottom edge (hope your ruler is like mine where it had criss crossing 60 degree lines labeled) and that should give you your finished 60 degree triangle (you will be cutting the opposite direction of the first cut). Not sure that this is very clear so I would highly suggest checking out cutebuns tutorial as she put together one heck of a photo tute. Good luck and hope this helps at least a little. (By the way, it's not necessary to buy a new ruler if you have the one with the 60 degree lines on it. Save you $$$ for fabric!!!