View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 07:17 PM
lalaland

I went to an estate sale once and the upstairs bonus room was filled with supplies for every craft imaginable. But this lady actively crafted, no new or unopened packages of anything. Everything had pretty much been gone through by the time my girlfriend and I got there, or so we thought. The lady's son was there and he said we could have whatever we could stuff into one of those big moving boxes for $5 so I just randomly took boxes that looked like they had anything fabric related in them and dumped the contents into a big box until it was full. I figured I could find a home for anything I couldn't use.

What I found when I got home were tons and tons of quilting projects and panels and good fabric that apparently were buried in these boxes and no one had noticed them. There was so much I ended up dispersing them to local groups who did a lot of charity quilting.

Even though I didn't know the lady, it was obvious she was a crafter who enjoyed every craft imaginable, she was probably the first one to try out any new craft on the market. I made sure all the things I took from her home were not abandoned or wasted.