Thread: Great NewS
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM
fratcat

My husband was denied twice, and the third time with our attorney he was finally awarded, but it took over 2 years. The sad fact is that my husband was officially awareded Social Security in 1968 after losing his leg in Vietnam and being hospitalized for 2 years with the military. SS told him they had to wait until he was released from the military before they could start paying him, and his social security would be based upon what the military disability gave him. Well,he left the military, started getting his military disability, which wasn't all that great back then, and social security some how lost his records. to make a long story short, when he got his social security disability in 1998 for his heart problems and other health issues, the social security judge was retired military, and advised my husband that they found his records and he was supposed to have been getting ss since 1968. My husband acknowledged that fact and his attorney asked if he was going to get what was kept from him all those years from ss losting his records. The judge reluctantly advised that they could only do 2 years., even though almost 30 years of benefits was what he missed. the problem with ss disability is that it is not going to those who need it or actually earned, but to a lot of dead beats that don't deserve it. I am happy your received your social security diability finally. It was a long time coming. People shouldn't have to beg for what they are entitled to by having earned it.