View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 05:39 AM
mimee4

1. Julie from PA
2. I learned at church quilting bees during the late '70s
3. I love the creativeness. And I love to touch fabric
4. Yes, I've taught several classes and friends.
5. Oh my what differences - my step-mother used a size 14 (very very short) needle to hand quilt - no machine quilting allowed. I like using size 8 or 9 needles and definitely machine quilting allowed.
6. Was part of quilting groups, just this one at present.
7. Oh yes, quilting is part of my heritage. I have two quilts made by my XMIL that I will hand quilt for my kids to pass on.
8.The best times of my day are spent at my sewing machine. I am so pleased with the result (most of the time).
9.My favorite are complicated pieced quilts but simple ones as well. I like to learn new techniques.
10. Most of my quilts go to project linus, charities, hurricane relief. I keep very few.
11. Sometimes a mistake is ok and sometimes I'll rip out a whole quilt to get rid of the mistake. Depends!
12. the whole process from choosing the fabrics, colors to seeing how the choice looks at the end.
13. The quilt represents me and my handiwork.
14. Contemporary quilting is just something different. It is artwork in a form other than paint. Value? it is in the eye of the beholder.
15. History is important, who made it, why, fabric identity.
16. There is a peace in quilting. BUT if you don't like to do it, DON'T.
17. Mostly alone.
18. Don't know if it is a family tradition, but if not, the tradition starts with me.
19. Memories of the dear sweet spicy old ladies who quilted around the frame at church inthe '70s. I was shocked at some of the things they said; now find myself the dear old lady and hope I can be like them. No quilts in particular, just threading needles for them, because they couldn't see the eye. I loved those ladies.
20. Any stories or memories - I could write a book. see above.

Please feel free to use anything I've written for your project. Good luck on the grade.