View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 04:55 AM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Looks as though I should post here first! ;) I am a 29 year old stay at home Mommy to two little girls, with my third little girl due at the end of April or early May this year. I have been sewing for as long as I can remember and quilting for about 6 years and am totally hooked. I love all types of quilts but tend to gravitate towards primitive quilts for decorating. I do venture into contemporary quilting but I never know what to do with them because they completely clash with the decor in my home! I especially love designing quilts in electric quilt, and I would love to do something with my quilts some day be it teaching, maybe selling a few...I tried my hand at pattern writing but I don't think I'm at a point in my life where I can commit the time required to it. So I'm just here having fun quilting. ;)
Since I'm home with my children, a job that is difficult but I love, I don't get to see people as much as I'd like! So I rely on forums like this to connect with other quilters - and boy oh boy what wonderful quilters I have met! ;) I look forward to meeting people, learning and sharing here!

Here is a quilt top that I am currently working on...it's still missing it's borders but I'm getting there! I used a trapunto technique I just learned about with invisible stitching on the center star, which was applique'd with fusible web. I tried piecing it about a dozen different ways and finally decided Steam a Seam was the least frustrating way to go!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166047.jpe