View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 05:50 AM
lvaughan

Originally Posted by Tsanchez
I love Hobby Lobby, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to walk on any toes either but my experience with Hobby Lobby fabric hasn't been pleasant. Let me fill you in on my experience. I and made a quilt with some fabric from Hobby Lobby along with some fabric from my local quilt store. I worked an outside craft show and the wind blew so bad that I had to wash everything that I had on display. The quilt store fabric washed up great. Didn't even look like it had been washes. The Hobby Lobby fabric, pulled away from the quilt fabric and I could see all the way through that fabric, thru the batting, and saw the back fabric like it had not even been there. I had done a lot of work to this quilt (stained glass mermaid) and I she was my pride and joy. Now I don't even put her out because she looks so bad and I can't repair her. Here is the quilt BEFORE I had to wash it.
What a beautiful quilt, I am so sorry! One question, did you prewash the fabric, if not, do you think prewashing would have helped?