View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 08:01 AM
grammy Dwynn

shellyp ~ you're funnnnny! lol

tlrnhi ~ if you print out the ez pattern.... I did find a mistake (not life of death) on the 12 7/8 (white fabric) for the corners it says to cut 1 and then sub-cut ONCE diagnally ..... well duh there are FOUR corners so you need to cut TWO, then the diagnal cuts.

another thing that I did not do what the directions said. At the end it says to sew the top and back together (right side together then flip open) for the tree skirt opening. THEN slide your batting 'carefully' in between. HELLO I'm spray basting. So I marked where I would cut the side opening, then marked my circle, on my top. Oh another think, they said a small glass, I did oh about a sauce plate size. I then sandwhiched like I would a quilt. I did cut one or two more stripes for the binding, so I would have enough for the slice up to the center. ANOTHER BUT**** for the circle I did cut a small biased strip, you know that curved thing.

So with all the adjustments and figuring and a opps and unsew . . . still made these in about 20 hours.