View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 AM
salmonsweet

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
What does Feng Shui say about quilts, SS? What about all the lines and cuts!!!
Not sure what other schools say (there are probably as many Feng Shui styles as teachers out there...). In the style I've been studying, a lot of people make their Feng Shui items as art objects, quilts or such. It's such fun to play with quiltmaking using the elements and the colors, shapes and numbers associated with them.

I made a quilt for my four year old DN last year, his lucky element is Earth so I made sure to put some sandy-beige Northcott Stongehenge fabric in...

Squares and earthy colors represent earth, waves and irregular lines and blues and black stand for water, triangles and "fiery" colors for fire; circles and silver, gold, white and grey are metal, long shapes and greens and browns are wood.

You could make a quilt, for instance, combining the lucky elements&colors of the two people who are going to be sleeping under it.

I think a log cabin would tend to be earth (square blocks) and wood (blocks made of long strips)... with the traditional red centre, you'd have a fire in the cabin centre, safely contained in its square of stone (earth). Isn't it amazing!

Can you tell I love this? I could go on and on... :oops: :D