Old 01-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

[quote=sandpat]Thats what I was thinking would be the best way. In this instance, I don't think the fact that I already have batting on the border and have some of it quilted makes any difference.

I think I'll sew on the kites, then hand quilt them before it goes on the center section. .....big sigh....to be soooo close, there sure is a LOT left to do!! :lol:[/quote

Don't get disheartened at this stage Patti - to have that top all together is a veritable achievement, and not to be sneezed at. Especially as at that point, you will have it all quilted too. There is, of course the next stage to get through. I opted to hand quilt round (in the ditch) round my blocks to hold the backing behind the top. I don't really want to tell you how long that part took me, suffice to say it was longer than I thought - I just don't want to put you off, because you might be planning to machine that part.

Getting the binding on was a joy for me, and that took me four days - I hand stitched it down on the back at the rate of one side per evening.