View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Airwick156

Well this has been I suppose a busy week of sewing for me. I am so proud of myself. Last tuesday evening, I was in my sewing room, which is actually our spare bedroom, and gathered up all of my piano key left overs from making the fabric Flings in batiks. And decided I would sew them all together in rows and after the fact, I saw a Chinese Coin quilt which is pretty much what it is without me knowing that. LOL
So I sew the piano keys into 10 long strips of 50 each. And I put a small black sashing in between them. I have only one more row to sew on but decided to take a break from that. But I will finish it here in a little while. Top only as I don't have the spare money to buy backing or batting at this time.

Then I come across my pattern for a Bento Box. This is the first pattern I have ever read, half understood, and succeeded at cutting the fabric correctly. WOOHOO!!!

So, I got one great big huge section of it done. Sat here this morning and pinned and sewed and ironed what seemed like a gazillion more units for it. I know I don't have enough to finish the top, although I might have if I just do it as a wall hanging or a crib size quilt.

I have also dug out some WIP's that I have had for the past couple years that I have been quilting all quilt tops, but just small ones. And I completed the tops of those. There are quite a few of them. So I have been busy, busy, busy.

I am hoping that, by finishing the tops of all of those WIP, and the Bento Box, that maybe I can sit and find a nice pattern to use with the fabrics that I scored in the laundry room this past week. I don't want to make something "to easy" but yet I dont want something "to hard" yet either.

So how has your week been? Have you been productive? Have you been busy little bees too?