Thread: My latest WIP
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:37 AM
KathyKat

This quilt is for my DGD who will be 12 in Feb. She told me that blues and browns looked good together and drooled over two fabrics I bought last spring. BTW, she has started to sew with me a little and has asked for a sewing machine so she can start making quilts. She loves fabrics!
Last spring Hancock fabrics had some dressmaking fabric that kept catching my eye everytime I went in the store. The fabric felt wonderful, was 100% cotton and 60" wide. When it went on sale for 40% off I bought some and the person who cut the fabric asked where I found it as she was scanning the quilt fabric section because she thought it felt great too.
I found some fabric for a back and started looking for other fabrics to coordinate. Then a friend gave me the pattern, Park Place by PIne Tree Country Quilts from the May 2010 The Quilter magazine. Moral of the story is: “ Always by the fabric that catches your eye!”
We're leaving for warm Arizona tomorrow and will be gone for 2 weeks. I plan on finishing this when I get back.

Dressmaker lg print
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166096[/ATTACH]

Dressmaker sm print
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166098[/ATTACH]

backing from quilting section
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166099[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166091.jpe   attachment-166093.jpe   attachment-166094.jpe   attachment-166095.jpe   attachment-166096.jpe  

attachment-166097.jpe