View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Born2Sew

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter
I am new to the forum but I learned how to do an easy four patch version of these at my quilt guild! It was really easy and I think a fun way to start.

What we did was find a floral fabric we liked and find the "repeat" in the printing on the fabric. We measured the repeat, mine was something like 9 and 3/4 inches from start to finish. So beginning at the first repeat I cut four strips that length, then layered all four strips atop each other. Then I cut the stack of strips into 9 and 3/4 inch squares and once again cut that stack of squares down into fourpatches. From there you should have a stack of the same pieces and you can just arrange them and play! It was so much fun!

Here's a picture of the mini wall-hanging stack and whack I made from what I learned at the guild...
So glad you posted this, I was wondering about a 4 patch and how it would turn out! Yours is great. Actually, every time I look at my kitchen floor, all I can think of is making a quilt! Had wondered how I could do it as an obw. Thanks for the idea!