View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
j-mae

Location: Born & raised in Upper Micigan, transplanted to central Wisconsin the last 35 yrs.

You'll never believe this... I will get you lost for sure:
I love my grands! How do I count them all? My first husband had 3 daughters and I helped raise them and we had two girls as well. (Yes, 5 girls in all & 1 bathroom). When our youngest turned 9 months old, we became grandparents. So, with my first husband, I became grandma to 9 grands, (one is the families little angel in heaven, Jordan didn't make it beyond birth). Then I divorced and remarried and became step mom to a son.... now mind you, not long after this my 1st husband passed and the step daughters said I couldn't get rid of them. (meaning I was their step mom no matter what happens) Well, my step son married a woman with two girls and he adopted them, and they also had 2 of their own. So the 9 grands became 13. Then my oldest daughter married a man who was widowed young, his wife at 23 yrs old passed and left him with a 1 & 1/2 and a 2 & 1/2 yr old boys. Then they had a girl (they let me help deliver her!)... Are you all lost now? LOL So, 13 now has become 16. Yes, 15 step-grands and one grand. NOW the oldest step grand is going to make me great-grand. Had I still been married to husband #2, I'd have been great grand 4 more times! All this and I am only 53 yrs old! This all started when I was 34 with becoming a grandma. Talk about a whirlwind of people when we are all together for a wedding or a holiday meal. Ohhhh, but fun!