View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Bobbielinks

Right after Christmas my DIL presented me with a quilt I had made for her several years ago. She has used this quilt every year since then as a tree skirt. Well, this year she had placed a lit candle on the windowcell behind the Christmas tree and some how the candle fell or a spark landed on the quilt and burnt three blocks before it was noticed. God and luck was with this family as my son was in the room at the time and was able to put the fire out before major damage was done. Anyway, I was presented with the quilt to see if I could repair it. At first glance, I just wanted to trash it, but it seemed to mean a lot to DIL for me to repair it. So I found some Christmas fabric in my stash - not enough matching fabric - but will do the best I can. Here are some pictures of the damage and how I am repairing it. By the way this quilt was a "quilt as you go" so I am able to rip out the damaged blocks, repair or make new blocks and insert them in place.

Front of burnt blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166182[/ATTACH]

Backside of burnt blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166183[/ATTACH]

Removing the 3 blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166184[/ATTACH]

Saving useable fabric stripes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166193[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166177.jpe   attachment-166178.jpe   attachment-166179.jpe   attachment-166188.jpe