View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 AM
kedougou

When I told my mother that I was attempting to quilt baby blankets, I got a wonderful surprise. I new that my mother has many many quilts made by my great grandmothers (great grandma devore would make the tops then great grandma faustnaut would hand quilt them.) I turns out that she also got their stash. My mom is not a quilter and felt guilty about it just sitting in a closet. Long story short, I got the stash!

Here's my question. In the stash I found several blocks and the matching fabric. They are usually blocks that are way to hard for me (flower garden)or in fabrics that I just plan don't like. I feel obligated to finish great grandma's quilt. Do I wait untill I am able to make those blocks and them make them as my grandparents intended? Forget the blocks and use the fabric in my own way? How about forget the fabric, and use the block in colors from the stash that I like?

Btw: my current skill level is two 4 block projects, one 9 block project and a log cabin. the blocks came out great, the log cabin has.....issues. (my mom says it has charater, what it really has is problems, thanks for trying mom!)