View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Robin H

I have three sergers . I love them and don't know what I'd do without them. They are all very similar, one is a Bernina, the other two are Jukies. Bernina sergers are made by Juki and are essentially the same machine with just a few extra features but for an exorbitantly higher cost.

A car accident in August has limited my abilities immensely. I can hardly do anything at all now but here are a couple of things I made previously using one of my sergers, almost exclusively for construction. Most serger patterns call for a 1/4" seam which sounds daunting when you are not used to them but mastering the serger and its 1/4" seam produces perfect results. There will usually be some finish work on your regular machine, depending on the pattern. I use only Kwik Sew Pattern because they are simple and foolproof and almost , (but not all), of their patterns are geared for that 1/4" seam. Years ago I took a serger quilt class. At the time it was a novel idea but I was not happy with it at all and didn't want to waste my time completing the project. I love conventional quilting with all its possibilities.

Yellow Nighty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166321[/ATTACH]

Hand Smocked Dress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166323[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166316.jpe   attachment-166318.jpe