Old 01-23-2011, 02:44 PM
deema

I find that I start to procrastinate about half way through each process. Once I get about half of my blocks pieced, I start to lose steam...I'll putter at it till they're done. Then half way through piecing my blocks together, I start to procrastinate again. I'll putter through those until they're done. Then I just don't even want to look at the borders...until I start getting them on and I'm anxious to see it finished. Then the first half of quilting it goes great, until I start to get bored. There is only one part of the quilt that I never procrastinate on doing - the binding! Because as soon as I'm done the binding, I can wash and dry and give it away so I can stop looking at it! HA!

BUT!!! I LOVE each part! I love piecing blocks and laying them out and seeing the pattern show through. I love getting the blocks together in the top, and seeing my "plan" come to life! And the borders just MAKE it, sometimes.

I love it all. I hate it all. When I'm getting close to the end, I find myself NEEDING to finish this *darn* quilt! But then when I give it away, I wish I would have kept it, just for a little while, to snuggle with some of my hard work. lol

I really do love quilting. I swear!

I'm not great at colours and values.