Old 01-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by beamer
I love the points only after I saw this method of making them several years ago, and have been hooked since. I might add, one extra addition. As you see, there is no seam allowance. Very little there to sew the points on. Of course, the amount of point you want sticking out is up to you, but I personally like a nice amount of point showing. What I did different from that tutorial is that I added an additional 1 inch to the 6 inches wide, making it 7 inches total. When you open after the pressing in half length wise, and are ready to cut, do not cut as deep. Cut a 1/2 inch less, meaning not so close to the center fold. You are actually cutting in 3 inches When you are done, you will have more of a seam allowance there to grasp onto when sewing it to your quilt.

I have also done half strips of one fabric and half strips of another and given a double looking border.

Just my 2 cents worth here, hoping I didn't mess anyone up now!
Judi
The method in the tutorial is great, but for someone who hasn't made them before, I think adding the extra half inch is a great idea.