Old 01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Joanie2

Hey Lucy -- My husband and I just placed our order with Fabric.com. I was concerned about how much fabric to buy and the end cost because he is so frugal to keep our spending down. But I explained to him that the coupon gave us 15% and that fabric prices are going to go up very soon and also that if we don't buy now it may not be available tomorrow or next week. Who knows -- some other comic book person may decide to buy it all and try to sell it down the road. We live in N. Calif and my DH has been to ComicCon convention in San Diego several times and WonderCon in San Francisco every year. So his conservative mind decided that we needed 1 1/2 yds of everything Superman related and 4 1/2 yds of one particular fabric for backing. Don't know what I'm making yet except that he wants a 54 X 68 quilt est size and a wall hanging. Thanks to your tip we saved $20. I should say we spent over $100. And then went to Keepsake Quilting because they have one additional fabric that Fabric.com doesn't have -- it's $9.98 a yd there. So when it all arrives we'll decide what to make. Probably something simple with 5-6 1/2" squares. He wants to be able to SEE the fabrics. And he's decided he wants me to make a big emblem on the back's center and maybe one in the front center. And he's already thinking about the quilting -- he wants the emblem along with words. I never thought he'd get so excited about a quilt. Maybe it's because this one is just for him. I guess I will have to put other projects on hold until his gets done. When I finally get it finished I'll post pictures.