View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:55 PM
lynmccoy

Originally Posted by johans
I built a new closet 6 months ago. Using 12 inch deep shelves that are adjustable, I fold my yardage fabric in 12x6" size bundles and stack them 12" high, and 1/2 to 1yard pieces 3"x12". This way I can tell how much fabric is there. Fat quarter-1/2 yd is in plastic mesh bins folded 3"x4", and smaller than that goes to bins as scraps. At this point I don't have so much fabric as to need to organize by color. I bought the plastic cards for folding stored fabric, but haven't used them yet -- maybe some day I'll get the hang of that and prefer to store it a books on a shelf. Storing in tubs makes the fabric too inaccessible for me. I want to be able to see it. When I look through bins, they get all messed up. Projects go into clear plastic bins.

I wouldn't have as much as I do if I only bought fabric for my own use.At least that's what I try to make myself believe.The truth is, I have a hard time walking by a fabric aisle and not buying any.They just seem to call out to me,"Buy me , take me home".