View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:20 AM
leatheflea

All my fabric is in cabinets or totes. I dont leave it out in the open, gets to dusty. I got mine at Menards. 6' tall and 3' wide, made by Sauder, $100. Ajustable shelves, prefab, oak coloring, not real wood. I also have an Armouir for fabric. 2 hope chest. Our goodwill has a large back room just for furniture and they always have cabinets, thats where I purchased my Armouir $25. I also bought my craft table($15) used for my puter in sewing room. The two hope chest where free and we refinished. I find that totes are awkward, I have two for scraps, and one for stabilizer scraps, when I cant shut the lid its time to make a quilt or two out of the scraps. With totes you have to stack and unstack, they get all messed up. I have small shoe box totes for notions, one with zippers, one for lace, one for ribbon, you get the idea. You what I thought would be neat instead of all these little totes is one of those library file cabinets with the little drawers that are about 5 inches wide, just big enough for index cards. I would love to have one of those just for my notions. I kinda lost myself instead of answering your question, good luck with your stash protector!