View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:31 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by toomanycats
I have to laugh here about you cutting strips and collecting orange. I didn't collect orange but got strip happy in my cutting. I cut some from every fabric in my stash and even BOUGHT some 1/8th yards just to add in. I was going to make a spider web. Well, I made a small spiderweb for the table and one teardrop strip one for the bed. Had not made much of a dent but tired of it so passed to son and wife who each made a strip quilt and added some fabrics. Meanwhile, I now decide I am now in the mood to make another so am cutting more strips and NOW they tell me the box is comming back to me with more in it than when it started. Hummmmm think it will return on their door step when done.
This reminds me of when my guild had a box, only about 16" square by 3" deep, full of 4" squares, all different fabrics. One of the ladies took it home and started sewing. She brought in quilt after quilt after quilt, made from those squares. All were comfort quilts to be given to local groups. She was so happy to empty that box! But the quilts she made were beautiful.