View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:48 AM
pineneedles4

Amazing! True artists at work using fabric and thread as paint. I'm always fascinated by these works but do not have a desire to creat one. I guess I'm more into historical and traditional quilts. My favorite quilt shop located in Mexico, MO called Homestead Hearth is a haven for me with their historical patterns and fabrics in an old historical building. Of course, I'm also the type of person that likes to stop at every small town when traveling in search of antique stores or even quilt shops! But, I truly admire the work of these artists! I'm trying something new with a pattern called Sherman's March but instead of historical colors and prints I'm making it with light yellows, greens and pinks. I hope it turns out okay! I also bought a quilt kit from Quilter's Station in Lee's Summitt, MO. They have some great samples in their stores of historical and primitive quilts. I'm rambling but I guess what I'd like to say is we all have our styles and levels of ability but it does not dimish our completed work! I say...admire other's work...but follow your heart and stay true to what you do...don't feel depressed but feel elated that the world of quilting is going strong and every single person has their place in the quilting world!