Thread: Missing quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Izaquilter

That brings back so many memories when we lost my dad. When he passed all the family & I do mean alllllll, came here & to Mom's since she lived next door. It was a pain trying to get ready for the funeral with everyone here. We had memory boards to get done, clothes to get ironed, phone calls to attend to. The party went on in to the night,which my Dad would have probably wanted but it just wasn't the appropriate time. After all was said & done 'things'disappeared. My Dad's old double edge razor, mug & brush he shaved with, Pictures from the photo board of my brother that could not be replaced because he is deceased. No quilts but it's just the idea that they are gone. When I saw that my pictures were gone I lost it & confronted the whole congragation at the dinner after the funeral. I waited for everyone to get their plates filled, get their drinks & sit down & once it was relatively quiet, I stood up to give a speach! I blew up! I told them how low it was to do such things at a time like this. I was crying by the time it was over & when it came time to go home, my brother's picture was on the front seat of the car! And it was like you said, all they had to do was ask. I could have given them a copy of any picture they wanted. It makes you feel so violated by those who we thought loved us. I feel sorry for you & I hope you get it back. Maybe if you send an email to all you can remember being at the house with a plea to get it back. Tell them no questions asked!