View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 AM
mayday
Banned

Originally Posted by rivka
So I went to this, early this morning:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/art/2167969724.html

The woman who passed had to have been some sort of hoarder; just tons and tons of crafting stuff that had never been opened -- of every imaginable kind (and covered in dust). There was yarn for knitting, cross stitch patterns, quilt patterns and kits, scrapbooking stuff, paper making stuff -- seriously, every kind of craft you could think of was represented. I even saw a woodworking kit.

I found about 15 yards of decent fabric, some rulers, and a couple of quilting books that looked interesting. Unfortunately, most of the quilting fabric had already been sold to a local quilt shop, so there wasn't a ton of that left; the daughter that was there at the house was selling it at $1 a yard; and she gave me a ton of fat quarters for free, because she wanted to just get the stuff out of there.

My husband said, "Boy, I hope this house isn't a preview of what you're going to be like someday!" I assured him that I was completely in control of my fabric purchases, and that he had nothing to worry about! But the whole thing made me a little sad, though -- all those items that she had bought and never even opened...
be afraid ,be very afraid that this isn't you in years to come!!!!!!!!!!