Old 01-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by ssgramma
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by BoJangles

Miz Johnny, I'd love to live close enough to you to see your machines! I also have a 99K, but of course mine still has a cord attached. Your 99K looks great as a hand crank.

Nancy
I wish you lived close enough to come and take some HOME with you.
I do! Any chance you have a 201? Preferably old enough to have a scroll plate.
I have 201 electric, HC and treadle. And you'll pry them out of my cold, dead hands. . . . . .

I spent 3 days at retreat, then came home to a---snow day. I've slept most of the morning, recuperating. I haven't even unloaded the car yet.
I dropped off a parlor treadle in Nashville and sold a converted handcrank at retreat, so am down two, and ready to go to work moving stuff around again.
Of course, I came home with more fabric (!), so have to find space for that as well. I only worked on one project while there. I made 90 blocks, cut them all apart, and. . . they were all wonky. I didn't cry, throw my scissors, or kick the machine, but was mighty disappointed. The blocks were made by making a simplified log cabin, sewing two together and cutting apart on the diagonal, so until the blocks were cut apart, I couldn't see my mistake. And I waited until I had them ALL done to start cutting apart because I wanted them done all at once. (I will NEVER do that again!!). I spent a lot of time ripping and resewing, but think I can save most of them. I finally put the ones I had done up on a design wall yesterday, which made me feel a little better!!
Ah, well!
So now I need to unpack the car and fondle the fabric.