Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Boopey
I'm thinking of ordering more of this fabric too. I've got 60 blocks made that I cut at 4", but I'm thinking I want it longer.

Okay, what color border should I use? I have a mottled orange that I thought for a narrow inner border, but I'm stumped of what color to make the wider outer border.
Also, I'm not sure how to quilt the body of it. Would an allover stipple be right?

I had a strip left over that was too narrow for my quilt, so I'm making a small wall hanging.

As soon as I figure out how to get pictures here, I will post some of what I've done so far.

Thanks in advance for any input....and BTW, I'm loving this fabric and OBW!
~Shirley
I like the idea of the narrow inner, for the outer I'd say pick your favourite colour from the fabric and go with that - I'm tending towards the turquoise myself, I think I've got some batik that is the right shade. :-D Re the quilting, I often just do a wide meander over the body of the quilt - they're so 'busy' I think this is fine. But I've also done a kind of hooked swirl freehand (on Orchidacious that I posted recently) and I've seen some feathered freehand as well which were also cool! Looking forward to seeing your pics! :-D