View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 06:19 AM
Skeat

Ruth, It would seem like a good idea to donate to charity but, like reality for the rest of us, I am sure her art costs her like the rest of us. And, why not let someone be able to purchase such a quilt that would have true meaning to someone and value the who it is, etc. How many of us actually donate what is deemed a 'good' quilt. Do we not donate scrap quilts, etc. I know the home we help once in awhile that helps only women and children that are homeless request that actually NOT to send what is really good. Due to the fact it will prob walk. We actually adopted rooms in this center. Painted the walls, added new windows and made bedspreads to match the curtains per room. Again, we had to keep it simple. We also, made fleece type blankets to go w/them if they wanted. It is a touchy subject to some to try and understand the why someone doesn't do this or that w/what is theirs to do with. I am sure she is a loving person and prob gives in ways we don't know. Notariety does not necess. make someone with full pockets:0)Just MOP-Skeat