Old 01-24-2011, 02:16 PM
ladyinpurple135

Originally Posted by gailmitchell
I have just been gifted a Featherweight from an elderly quilting friend of mine. I hasn't been used in years but I'm told it works fine. I came with one foot.

I searched on this board for recommended 1/4" feet for the featherweight but I couldn't come to any solid conclusion.

I know that any low shank foot will probably work, but I don't want to order one online and then wait for it come come in, and not be pleased with it... Then wait again while I order another....

Your opinions would be appreciated.... I'll be looking to order two feet, one with the side bar, and one with out.

You are one lucky dog! And I mean that in the most wonderful way - to be gifted a FW and from probably the original owner - WOW! I have 3 (can you say obsession here!) and love them all. I found a 1/4" foot on eBay and am hoping that it will work for me. You just need a low shank foot that screws on. I am watching a group of 14 snap-on feet that includes the adapter on eBay at the moment and am hoping that I can afford the whole set. If I could locate the foot I have already purchased I would take a look to make sure it is the right one. Check around where you live and see if there is someone who fixes FWs, etc. We have a local (as in about 30 miles away) guy who is a vendor at lots of our local shows - he repairs and also sells FWs and other goodies. Here is his website: http://www.featherweight-poppy.com/ You might contact him if you feel more comfortable that way. He is a great vendor and I'm gioing to have him take a look at one of my babies that needs a little tender touch.

Personally I do not like the 1/4" foot with the side bar - but it is a personal choice. I have a friend who likes them - they just get in my way. If you've tried them and like them then go for it.

Hope this helps.
Sandy in Mooresville, NC