Old 01-24-2011, 04:02 PM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by kwendt

I'm curious... my MIL just told me she had a flip up. She thinks it's a FW (it's in a case, on the floor, in the back of her sewing room gathering dust bunnies...). I seem to remember that her daughter has the FW. So now I'm wondering what the heck my MIL might have. (I go to her house tomorrow to check...).

(
My 301's came in a case that looks like a medium sized suitcase. The FW case is much smaller. Either way, FW or 301, I know you will be happy.

To answer a question you asked a few posts back....the short bed is the one that will fit into the cabinets. The long bed does not. My black one is a long bed and all the others are short beds. I finally found a cabinet for mine, on CL, and it even had a two toned 301 in it!! :-D Even if you don't have a cabinet they sit nicely on a table top.

I've been making a log cabin quilt on mine. The thing that I really love about it is that it doesn't eat the fabric even when the pieces are really small (I've also been making a crumb quilt)---they just glide right through.
In order for a short bed 301 to fit into a cabinet, you must have the "cradle", as the 301 has no holes in the machine to mount in a cabinet. The long bed 301 won't go in a cabinet.(Sorry if any one has already answered this)