View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
That quilt its just adorable..... Do you think you could do a tutorial about how you did the applique? I have heard about it a few times, but can't seem to picture it in my head
Thank you for your comment. Since this is the first one I have made I don't think I would be a very good teacher. I'll just tell you what I did. I cut the shapes out bigger than the pattern enough to turn under. I then took a piece of dryer sheet and sewed it to the right side of the shape leaving a small opening to turn right side out. But after reading some of the comments on here I think it would be easier to sew around the whole shape then slit the sheet down the middle enought to turn right side out. Then just press and you will be ready to sew the shape on your block where it needs to go. For the hands I just drew around the shape pattern and then sewed on the line I made. Leaving an opening to turn right side out.
Hope this helps you it did me before I found out about it I threw the pieces across the room.

:oops: :oops: