View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 PM
cathyvv

Hi! I'm experiencing delayed gratification. Bought a used HQ16 and PCquilter in October but had to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for a chance to bring it to SC from NJ. (Bought it from someone in DE.)

My DH brought almost everything from NJ to SC in November...he forgot the PCQuilter! I was SOOOOOOO disappointed, but since he gave one of the bays in his 'man cave/garage' to set up the frame and HQ16, I managed to forgive him. The garage, by the way, is heated and air conditioned, is finished and has its' own bathroom, so setting up in the garage is not a hardship.

Earlier this month, he had to make an emergency trip to NJ for a plumbing job in the 2 family house we rent out - seems none of the plumbers he called wanted to work with 70 year old piping! So, as I kissed him good-bye and told him to drive safely, I reminded him that he had to bring the PCQuilter when he returned to SC. (No, I didn't say "Or else!")

This time when he returned he had the PCquilter! Yay! Yesterday I took out the manuals and we watched a dvd about setting the system up. Today we put all the parts together and - ta-dum - it works! Well, it 'air quilts', anyway. That was the goal for today, get all the parts working together and "air quilt" for a couple of minutes.

Now the real fun begins - figuring out how the PCQuilter software works.

I'm excited about this; am fairly new to quilting and hate to send my projects out to people I don't know. I figure this whole set up will pay for itself 20 - 30 quilts from now...